Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Hanging a Mirror !!




A couple of hours after I arrived in Tucson Bob and I decided to remove the mirror squares from Mom's bathroom, because she made the comment that she'd like to someday move the large mirror from the living room to the bathroom. Well it went from bad to worse as we pulled squares off and the wall came with it and then we found mold, etc. etc. We worked so hard! We kept filling rubbish cans and hauling them to the alley to pour into the dumpster. When we began, the dumpster was completely empty. When we finished, it was completely full. We got to the point of putting up new walls; Bob did most of the work, because I was at a loss when it came to cutting sheet rock and installing beams. I began applying joint compound to most of one wall, when I had to return home on Sunday morning and leaving the rest for poor Bob to finish! I felt so GUILTY. Mom says she'll never make a comment about wanting to hang something again. However, Bob and I decided that it's really all Lyn's fault, because she gave Mom a picture. That's what started Mom thinking about moving the mirror so that she could have room to hang the picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment