Saturday, August 15, 2009

What $5.00 will buy




Recently I took all three kids (Lyndon, Carl, and Aubrey) to Wichita Falls for an excursion. Leah gave them each $5.00 to spend on a toy. Enroute to Wichita, the boys were talking about binoculars and asking me how much they cost. I told them at least $20. We went to Target to shop for their toys. Of course we had to go up and down each aisle; as we went, the boys would say "how much is this?". I'd repeatedly reply "$35, $49, $28". It went on like this until they spied the binoculars. I couldn't believe it; they looked kid tough and they were on clearance for $4.89! The boys both wanted to get them. We then began the search for Aubrey's special toy. It didn't take long, because as soon as she saw them, the hunt was over. What every Sleeping Beauty princess wants was right there on the shelf for $4.99 -pink high heels with sparkle stones in them!

I was amazed that they each bought the perfect toy for less than $5.00. Who says a dollar doesn't go far anymore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment